Dynamic selection: display neighbouring nodes in Graph view

Would you like to see new features in Wandora?

Dynamic selection: display neighbouring nodes in Graph view

Postby chadatom » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:07 pm

I have been a dormant user of Wandora for many years but am still impressed with it. To make a video of a current project, I'd like to be able to use the Graph view with its automatic, dynamic layout, but with the following functionality requests in order of priority:
1) Have a setting so that on clicking a node, only associations with neighbouring nodes (and optionally, roles) are seen, along with those nodes. The clicked node should be centred in the display
2) Include any associations between the neighbouring nodes
3) Be able to choose the distance across the network from the central node that nodes are displayed, on such a mouse click
4) Have a way of filtering out the display of base classes (schema?) and the number 1 (display level?) that appears next to them and perhaps has been used for that purpose
5) Provide an easy way of showing the panel for a given selected node (right click?) and than have that closed either when that node disappears out of view (so that several panels are visible at once) or simply everytime a new node is clicked.

The next best thing would I guess to do that externally with a GML or GraphML export, but Graphvis looks to be chargeable, and Cytoscape is comprehensive but doesn't seem to have that kind of dynamic interaction.
chadatom

Re: Dynamic selection: display neighbouring nodes in Graph v

Postby chadatom » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 pm

Also 2a) Have a tick box that allows the display to include a 'memory' of the previous selections, built up dynamically, or else to 'forget' previous selections.
chadatom

Re: Dynamic selection: display neighbouring nodes in Graph v

Postby akivela » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:36 am

Hello Chadatom

Thank you for message. Apologies for the delayed response.

I must admit that we have not been developing Wandora for few years now since other projects have consumed our time totally. The project is sleeping at the moment.

Kind Regards,
Aki
akivela
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests