Last.fm is a social music service offering numerous data feeds with music artist and album information. Wandora is capable to convert some of these data feeds to topic maps. Last.fm extractor begins with menu option File > Extract > Media > Last.fm extractor.... Extractor opens data feed selection dialog with tabs
- Similar artists. Option reads a data feed with related artists for given artist name.
- Artist's top albums. Option reads a data feed with top albums of given artist.
- Artist's top tags. Option reads a data feed with top tags attached to a given artist.
- Artist's top tracks. Option reads a data feed with top tracks of given artist.
- Overall top tags. Extractor reads a data feed with most used tags from Last.fm and builds a topic for each tag.
- Top albums with tag. Wandora reads a Last.fm data feed including albums tagged with given keyword.
- Top artists with tag. Wandora reads a Last.fm data feed of tagged artists and converts it to topics and associations. User must identify artist for successful extraction.
- Album info. This extractor requires the user to identify an artist and an album.
Most options accept several names or tags at once. Comma character ( , ) is used as the separator character between different names. Most options are also capable to pick names from context topics easing incremental extractions.
Wandora or Wandora authors have no rights to give you any permission to use the content of Last fm. Content license of Last.fm is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. If you want to use Last fm's content in a commercial context you must contact Last fm to get a seperate license.
Next image views Wandora after three Last.fm extractions. First, Overall top tags were extracted resulting a tag list viewed left. Then, acid jazz tag topic was selected and Last.fm extractor was used with option Top artists with tag. This extraction included artist Jamiroquai. Jamiroquai was selected and Last.fm extractor was used with option Artist's top tags. All tags attached to the artist Jamiroquai were extracted from the Last.fm.
Old Audioscrobbler extractors
Last.fm extractor described in previous chapter is a front end for several different Audioscrobbler extractors. Wandora still contains all these different Audioscrobbler extractors. However, to use such extractor directly user must activate the extractor with tool manager. Available low-level extractor tools are
- Audioscrobbler Album: Info extractor converts Album's info to topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Artists: Related Artists extractor converts XML feed of Similar artists to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Artists: Top Albums extractor converts XML feed of Top albums to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Artists: Top Tags extractor converts XML feed of Artist's top tags to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Artists: Top Tracks extractor converts Artist's top tracks to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Tags: Top Albums extractor converts Top albums with a specific tag to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Tags: Top Artists extractor converts Top artists with a specific tag to a topic map.
- Audioscrobbler Tags: Top Tags extractor converts Top tag list to a topic map.
All extractors require explicit URL for the XML data feed. Complete list of Last.fm's web apis and use policy is found at http://www.audioscrobbler.net/data/webservices/.