Minimal requirements for Wandora are
- System requirements: 1.0 GHz Intel Pentium 3 or AMD
- Operating system: Any OS supporting Java.
- Software: Java JDK version 8 or later
- Memory: 512 MB
- Disk space: 300 MB
With 512 MB given to JRE, Wandora works fine with memory topic maps of size 15 000 topics, 50 000 associations and 5 000 occurrences. Notice, Wandora application doesn't limit topic map size. If you try to manage too large topic maps for the memory footprint chosen, Wandora usually slows down remarkably and throws eventually Out of Memory Exception.
Recommended system for Wandora is
- System requirements: 3.0+ GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD
- Operating system: Linux Ubuntu, Microsoft Windows 7 (Although Java is platform independent Wandora has been tested extensively only on these platforms)
- Software: Java JDK version 8
- Memory: More than 2 GB
- Disk space: More than 300 MB
- Internet connection
With 1.5 GB given to JRE, Wandora works fine with memory topic maps of size 200 000 topics, 500 000 associations and 50 000 occurrences. With 1.5 GB given to JRE, we have also tried Wandora with memory topic maps of size 310 000 topics, 640 000 associations and 127 000 occurrences but it is assumed that extensive usage of such topic map eventually causes memory swapping decreasing the overall usability of the Wandora. User should acknowledge that 32bit operating system limits JRE memory footprint to 2G. Thus, we recommend a 64bit operating system if you want to use large topic maps. To use even bigger topic maps, consider using Wandora's database topic maps instead of memory topic maps.
Recent (2011-07-15) tests indicate that Wandora handles easily one million topics, one million occurrences and two million associations with a memory footprint of size 15 GB. Tests were executed in Windows 7 platform with Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz.